The City of Langley’s Magic of Christmas Festival Committee is excited to announce a new FREE two-day Christmas festival that will be held on Saturday, December 3 from 12:00 pm (noon) to 8:00 pm, and Sunday, December 4 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at Timms Community Centre, 20399 Douglas Crescent. The festival site is located outdoors in the north parking lot of the Timms Community Centre.
The Magic of Christmas Festival will feature Christmas crafts for kids and adults including ornament and wreath-making workshops, a letter to Santa activity station, live ice carving and snow sculptures, a beer garden, food trucks, visits from Santa Claus, and musical acts and performers throughout both days.
The Langley Arts Council will be holding an Artisan Craft Market with over 40-holiday arts and crafts vendors participating from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm on Saturday, and 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Sunday.
In addition to the festival Langley City will be launching the annual Holiday Lights Scavenger Hunt in December and is also offering the online Holiday Lights Video and Walking Tour Maps.
List of Activity Stations and Community Booths:
- Christmas Bureau Toy Drive - Please consider bringing a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the Langley Christmas Bureau
- Sources Food Bank - Please consider bringing a non-perishable food item to donate to Sources Food Bank
- Natural Wreath Making hosted by Langley Environmental Partners Society
- Prize Wheel and Draw for Downtown Dollars hosted by Discover Langley City
- Cornhole Toss hosted by B&B Contracting
- Visits with Santa (Saturday in the Afternoon)
- Writing Letters to Santa
- Kids Holiday Ornament Making
- Holiday Lights Scavenger Hunt
- Snow Sculpture Artist on Saturday
- Live Ice Carving of a Giant Snowflake on Sunday
December 3, 2022
- 12:00 pm - The Beauty Shop Dolls
- 1:00 pm - Santa's Saxes
- 1:45 pm - Official Welcome to the Festival
- 2:00 pm - The Beauty Shop Dolls
- 3:00 pm - Santa's Saxes
- 4:00 pm - Johnny Elvis n' Friends do Christmas
- 5:00 pm - Silver Diamond Country Dancers
- 6:00 pm - Johnny Elvis n' Friends do Christmas
- 7:00 pm - The Seabilly's
December 4, 2022
- 10:00 am - Johnny Elvis n' Friends do Christmas
- 11:00 am - Santa's Saxes
- 12:00 pm - Dimes Holiday Trio
- 1:00 pm - Santa's Saxes
- 2:00 pm - Dimes Holiday Trio
- 3:00 pm - VOC Sweet Soul Choir
The Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival organization has organized five food trucks to be on-site for the duration of the festival, along with a Beer Truck that will be serving mulled wine and warm cider. Note: all pricing is set by the individual food trucks and beer truck and is based on their menu items.
The food trucks that are attending include:
- The Mad Greek
- Little Ooties Mini Donuts
- Street Dogs & Smash Burgers
- Reel Mac N Cheese
- Twisted Potato
Langley Arts Council will be holding an Artisan Craft Market with over 40-holiday arts and crafts vendors participating from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm on Saturday, and 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Sunday.
List of Market Vendors Attending:
- Justin Erickson Art
- Lava Bracelets by Patti
- John Hall
- Amanda Billey Art
- seema's jardin de fleurs
- Hidden Gem Jewellery Studio
- My Creative Life
- Elemental Designs
- Pasos Fashion Co.
- Maureen’s Studio Creations
- JJW Aromas Studio
- La Bella Rose Beauty Studio
- Artsy Candle
- Brine and Berry
- Forgotton Toys
- Crescent Moon Crafts
- Garden Shed Originals
- Jewelry By Chantelle
- Chef Cuterie
- Bamboo by Design
- West Coast Fluid Art
- Kraft Kreations by Kelly
- Glitz & Glamour Jewelry and Art
- Filasmonique Moura
- Larkspur Leather
- Zators Woodworking
- Cathy Ray
- Bodacious Butterflies
- Pawfect Biscuits
- Krafts by kam
Please note that Langley City is not accepting any vendors for the Magic of Christmas Festival. All vendors participating in the Holiday Artisan Craft Market applied through the Langley Arts Council and submissions for the 2022 market are now closed.
Enjoy the Holiday Lights in Langley City from the safety and comfort of your home or while out for a walk in our community.
Take part in the 2022 Scavenger Hunt Contest for a chance to win one of twenty amazing prizes of $100 downtown dollars. This year's contest forms will be available to the public at the Magic of Christmas Festival starting on December 3-4 and online on the City website starting December 9 at noon.
The scavenger hunt takes you along the path of the Holiday Lights walking tour, exploring Downtown Langley along the way. Answer as many of the ten (10) questions that you can, and submit your answers for a chance to win.
How can I play?
- Pick Up a copy of the Scavenger Hunt form in person at the Magic of Christmas event on December 3-4, or download a copy from our website as of noon on December 9, 2022.
- Go out on your own, or with your family and friends, and explore the Holiday Lights in Langley City; Holiday Lights map available under the Holiday Lights tab on this page.
- Submit your completed form by the entry deadline (December 31, 2022); submissions are accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the front desk at Timms Community Centre, located at 20399 Douglas Crescent
- Note: participants must be 19 years and older to submit an entry form; a parent may submit an entry for a family.
- Winners will be announced in January 2023.
What can I win?
- There will be twenty (20) prize packages of $100 downtown dollars awarded.
Prize baskets are sponsored by:
How can I win?
- For each correct answer submitted on your form you will receive one entry for the draw; maximum of ten draw entries per person
- Winners will be selected by random draw
- The draw will take place in January 2023, and winners will be contacted by email or phone.