We are committed to putting people first. The health and safety of our employees, service providers, customers and communities is our highest priority. Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect waste collection staff:
- Put all personal hygiene products, used tissues, sanitary wipes (even those labelled compostable), paper towels, napkins, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves, and similar items in plastic garbage bags
- Securely tie garbage bags shut and place in the garbage bin
- Set out in your bin in your regular collection area on your scheduled day
- Un-bagged or loose items will not be collected
Someone sick in your home
• If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick in your home, please double-bag your (non-medical) waste, seal it tightly and place it in the regular garbage collection.
We are working hard to make sure all waste is collected on the regular schedule. Recently more residents have been remaining in their homes due to Covid-19 precautions resulting in higher volumes of waste being produced. We will continue to work diligently to make sure all waste is removed without interruption to service. Should the demand exceed the capacity of our trucks we assure you that things will be picked up, and we ask that residents continue to put their waste outside and it will be picked up as soon as one of our trucks is available.