Are you making ends meet? Let’s create a thriving Langley!
Living Well in Langley is an initiative of the Langley Poverty Reduction Task Group. With financial support from the City of Langley and Township of Langley through provincial grant funding, the Task Group has kicked off this initiative to learn about peoples' livelihoods and take action to eliminate poverty in Langley.
- What is the purpose of this? We want to create a Langley that lifts people up, breaks the cycle of poverty and builds a better community for everyone.
- What are we focusing on? We want to learn about peoples’ financial ability to meet their needs including housing, childcare and support services; access to education and skill building; reconciliation with Indigenous communities; and to create more space for everyone to belong.
- What else? We want to understand what prevents Langley residents from participating in the activities they need or want to do, what experiences are hard or stressful, and what people need to feel more connected to their community.
This will be the first Poverty Reduction Strategy prepared for Langley! Want to influence what it looks like? Bookmark this page and stay tuned for opportunities to participate!
This process began in September 2021 and is expected to be completed by Summer 2022. Opportunities to share your stories and provide input will occur between November and January! See events and opportunities below.
The project is now in Phase 4. The Strategy is now published and ready for community feedback before finalization. Your input will assist with the implementation of the Strategy starting in summer 2022.
Events and Feedback Opportunities
Please share your comments on the Living Well in Langley: Poverty Reduction Strategy:
- Watch the 3-minute Summary Video
- Read the draft Poverty Reduction Strategy
- Complete the 2-minute feedback form
Please provide comments by July 15, 2022. Your input is important and will help to reduce poverty in Langley!
The Task Group is comprised of public and non-profit organizations working together to help eliminate poverty in Langley. The Task Group is a sub-group of the Langley Healthier Community Partnership, a joint initiative of the City of Langley, the Township of Langley and Fraser Health.