The City of Langley’s Economic Development department helps businesses locate in the City by providing information, resources, and contacts that will help businesses prosper. Support might include streamlining municipal approvals; coordinating municipal, provincial and federal agencies; providing connections to HR, marketing, or funding opportunities; or simply connecting you to real estate specialists in the area. Contact the Development Services and Economic Development team at email@example.com
MARKET DATA & OVERVIEW INFORMATION
- Introductory Brochure: Invest in the City of Langley … The Place to Be
- Community Profile & Site Selector Database
- Neighbourhood Profiles
- Statistical Profile Summary Sheet 2015
- Sector Profiles
- 2016 Community Survey
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES & PLANS
- Official Community Plan (OCP)
- Metro Vancouver's Regional Growth Strategy.
- Corporate Strategic Plan
- Economic Development Strategy
- Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy
- Downtown Master Plan - Phase 1, Phase 2 & Phase 3
- Downtown Revitalization Tax Exemption
- Bylaw & Zoning Change Brochure: “Open the Door to New Possibilities”
- Wayfinding Strategy
- Social & Accessibility Planning
- Environmentally Sensitive Mapping Study
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Retail Attraction Brochure: Discover Retail Success in Downtown Langley
- Business Recruitment & Retention Strategy 2016
- Industrial Business Attraction Study 2015
- Retail Trade Area Analysis 2012 & Presentation
- Downtown Langley Action Plan
- Open for Business Best Practices Guide: The City of Langley embraces the policies of the BC Small Business Accord and promotes best practices for community development.
The City of Langley continues to be an award-winning community. Apart from receiving top marks in NAIOP’s Annual Cost of Business Survey, the City has received the following awards:
- 2015 Green Champion Award, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
- 2015 UBCM Open for Business Award: BC Small Business
- 2015 Sustainable Communities Award, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- 2014 UBCM Open for Business Award: BC Small Business
- 2014 BCEDA Community Excellence Award: Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy
- 2013 CUI Brownie Award: Brownfield Redevelopment Strategy
- 2013 UBCM Open for Business Award: BC Small Business
- 2013 NAIOP Municipal Excellence Award
- 2010 PIBC Award of Excellence: Downtown Master Plan
- 2009 EDABC Award: Downtown Master Plan
- 2008 EDABC Award: Place to Be “Branding Strategy & Marketing Materials”
IN THE MEDIA
- 2017 Best Cities for Work in BC — "City of Langley Voted Top 5" — BC Business, December 2016
- 2015 Invest in BC Magazine City of Langley Ad
- 2015 Business in Vancouver Feature
- Turning Vision Into Reality
- Business Examiner on Brownfield Development
- Business in Focus Magazine “Metro Vancouver’s Best Kept Secret'
- NAIOP’s Annual Cost of Business Survey
- Vancity 2015 “Open For Business” report ranks the City of Langley as one of the “Top Five Municipalities,” citing the low cost of doing business, access to support and vibrant markets.
Director of Development Services & Economic Development
Deputy Director of Development Services & Economic Development
Chief Building Inspector
Chief Licensing Inspector
Plan Checker / Inspector
Permits and Business Licensing Clerk
To contact the Development Services and Economic Development team please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Downtown Langley Business Association
The Downtown Langley Business Association is a business improvement association whose goal is to increase the success of Downtown Langley businesses through marketing to prospective customers, attracting new businesses and negotiating with government.
Greater Langley Chamber Of Commerce
The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce supports most of the City of Langley's business set-up.
Township Of Langley
The Township of Langley is under a separate municipal jurisdiction from the City of Langley. However, the two jurisdictions work cooperatively on a number of initiatives.
City of Surrey
A portion of Langley's functional business district is located in the City of Surrey. The City of Langley works cooperatively with the City of Surrey on many joint ventures.
The City of Langley is a member municipality of Metro Vancouver. Information on the City of Langley can also be found on their website under Livable Centres