June 20, 2020
Today we should all be gathering together at Douglas Park to celebrate the 26th annual Community Day event.
In honor of this annual tradition, our committee created a short video for you to enjoy and remember all of the fun we have shared over the past 25 years. We hope enjoy the video, and can't wait to see you back at Douglas Park in 2021.
To celebrate our community this year, we have created a family-friendly Community Day 2020 Scavenger Hunt to encourage you to get outdoors, in a safe manner, and explore the many treasures our community has to offer in our parks and on our trails.
How Can I Participate?
- Download and Print, or Pick up a printed copy of the Scavenger Hunt from Timms Community Centre (located at 20399 Douglas Crescent - Open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm).
- Go out on your own, or with your family, to explore your community while following the clues
- Record your answers in the clue boxes; you can answer as few or as many as you like.
- Submit your completed form to enter the draw
Where Do I Submit my Completed Form?
- Add your contact information to your entry form in the space provided
- Submit your entry form by the deadline (July 31, 2020):
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person: Timms Community Centre (located at 20399 Douglas Crescent - Open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm); note: there is an afterhours dropbox available outside of the North Entrance of the facility.
What Can I Win?
- 20 Prizes of $50 Downtown Dollars will be awarded
- Winners will be selected by random draw
- Each correct Scavenger Hunt Clue answer equals one draw ticket (maximum of ten per household)
- Downtown Dollars were selected as the prize to help support local small businesses in our community
We hope you enjoy exploring your community and finding new parks, trails and public open spaces you may not have be aware of before. Please remember to practice safe physical distancing while participating.
Find stories related to the annual event by clicking the links below.
- 2019 - People pack the streets for Community Day in Langley City
- 2019 - Save the Date – Community Day Festival is back and bigger than ever
- 2018 - Langley Advance - Family-fun fills Langley City park for Community Day
- 2018 - Langley Times - Community Day celebrates multiculturalism in Langley City